Friday, March 29, 2013

A Pleasant Way to End the Day

Every evening, after I've tucked Tobin and Shav into bed, given hugs and kisses, and said goodnight, I close the door of their room and pass this scene before I go downstairs to resume my nightly tasks...
...Josiah, in his bed, reading a book by the light of the lamp.  Both he and David get to have plenty of reading time at the end of the day, and I think it's the pleasantest way to relax and prepare for the transition to slumber.

Warm, cozy, peaceful, loved.  That's what this picture speaks to me.  :)

2 comments:

Sally said...

What a great idea! Maybe I'll have to let Paul read at nights after getting in bed. It might make bedtime something he looks forward to!

Davene Grace said...

Yes! I heartily recommend this!! :) It is definitely something Josiah and David look forward to--at this point in time, I only let the older boys do this, not Tobin and Shav. The older ones need some special privileges for being older, and this is a convenient one to give them at this stage. Josiah (and David, to a lesser extent) get ready for bed very quickly, because they know they'll get to read when they're done! :)