Friday, August 24, 2012

Month Four (and a Little More)

August 9.  The day I'd been waiting for.  I happily got out Moriah's special quilt that we use for her monthly pictures, wrote out her four-month sign, laid her on the quilt, and started snapping pictures for her four-month post.

Which never got written.

Until tonight.

15 days late.

Oh, well...  ;)
 Isn't she cute?  :)



 As always, I am LOVING the feminine little details of a baby girl's clothes!  :)



Highlights from my favorite four-month-old:
* her weight on August 9 was 13 and a quarter pounds...once again, I forgot to measure her; but she's looking longer in her swing, so I'm sure she's growing just fine  :)

* she's not spitting up as much as she used to, which is always a welcome transition...but she's drooling more, so her bibs are still coming in handy for that...no sign of teeth yet, despite the drool

* she's gotten so good at rolling over from her back to her tummy that she routinely does it when she sleeps...her new position is to sleep sort of on her side and sort of on her tummy...really, I guess she's on her tummy, but she has one arm tucked underneath her...she used to fuss terribly when she rolled onto her tummy, but now she's getting used to that position and doesn't seem to mind it (except for one time today when I heard her crying in her crib and checked on her, only to find her on her tummy, with both legs sticking out through the slats of her crib...with no way to propel herself forward, she was undeniably stuck!)...when she sleeps like this, she can still manage to find her fingers to suck (which she still does--often!--although occasionally she'll suck her thumb instead)  :) ...one day when I went into her room, I saw her sleeping in this new position and couldn't help but take pictures of her  :)






* Jeff got the honor of giving her the first bottle she's ever had...with the other kids, I was always so eager to pump milk and get them trained to take a bottle; but with her, I was extremely laid-back about it and in no hurry whatsoever...sure, I knew I'd pump eventually, but what was the hurry?...well, the impetus for finally doing this was the Michael W. Smith concert we attended at our county fair...we only got tickets for Jeff and I and our two oldest boys, so with Moriah being left with our babysitter for the first time, I finally had a reason to start pumping and getting her used to a bottle...the first time, she wasn't so sure she liked it; but by the second time, she latched on and did fine with it...watching their daddy give their baby sister a bottle was obviously quite the excitement for the boys on this particular evening  :)



* also this month, I carried up the highchair from the basement of my parents' house where it had been tucked away ever since Shav finished using it; and Moriah has been getting used to that...she's still so little in it, but it reclines enough that she can safely and comfortably sit in it...I like having her in it--high enough that she can see what's going on in the kitchen and even be pulled up to the table during meals sometimes so she can be a part of the family...this is how she looked the first time I put her in it  :)




* sometimes I think we should have given Moriah a different middle name...not that I regret giving her my name for her middle name (I DON'T AT ALL!), but there are some other names that would be appropriate for her...like Peace (or, in the Hebrew, Shalom), Patience, Contentment, Joy, Delight...she possesses these--and IS these--in abundance

Every day, I thank God repeatedly for giving this sweet girl to us.  Think He's tired of hearing that yet?  ;)  No, of course not...which is a very good thing because...

...I'll never stop saying thank you for Moriah!!!!!  :)

5 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh, Davene ... the foot! And the fingers! And the chubby cheeks! That skin .... I can almost feel it :)

Now *I* am drooling!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of her sleeping. She has such a peace about her.

Miriam said...

She is so sweet! She LOOKS peaceful, content and patient.

Valerie said...

She is just so precious. The pictures of her sleeping are so sweet. I'm so glad that you get to experience frills and lace. There is nothing wrong with a family of all boys, but it is certainly fun to add a girl to the mix.

Unknown said...

Davene, she is perfect and precious and yes, never stop being thankful for Moriah!!! :)