Friday, August 10, 2012

Could Someone Please Explain This to Me?

Last week, as I traveled south on roads I don't often drive on, to take Josiah and David to classes at a community college, I noticed two signs in particular with messages that made me take a second glance as I tried to figure out what they were talking about.  This was the first...
WHAT???  Last time I checked, "bacon" and "sundae" don't go together.  I thought at first that it must be a typo, or that maybe the sign was highlighting "try bacon" and "new sundae," but as I passed it each day, I realized that they really must be advertising a bacon sundae.  For real?  It doesn't sound appealing at all to me, but what do I know: I've never tried it.  When I posted this picture on Facebook last week, comments left by my friends ranged from "YUCK.  'Nuff said." to "I've had it, it's absolutely amazing."  Hmmmm...  I'm still unconvinced.  :)

This was the second sign...
Do you see what I see?  There, at the bottom, under the green part, where it tells you how much you can save by paying with cash?  "SAVE ¢.06 GALLON."  Oh, really?  Are they saying that I'll save six cents per gallon?  If so, I believe there are two acceptable ways of writing that: either 6¢ or $.06.  If, on the other hand, are they trying to say that for every gallon, I'll say a whopping six-hundredths of a cent?  Well, to that I say, "You're going to have to find a much better reward than that to make me consider stopping by your place for some gas!"  ;-)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't understand the gas sign. That makes no "cents"....sorry that was a bad joke!

I have heard about the bacon sundae's although we don't have them in Canada. Bacon and sweet treats seems to be the new big craze in the desert world. I have had a maple and bacon doughnut that was delicious. Although bacon and ice cream sounds a little weird.