Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Way They Sleep

When it comes to sleep, my boys are a nearly endless source of entertainment for me.  :)  I don't know how many posts I've done through the years with pictures of one of the boys sleeping in an odd place or position.  Just yesterday, I shared pictures of Shav sleeping one afternoon with his head on a hard plastic keyboard.  I guess if ol' Jacob could use a rock, Shav could use a musical instrument.  But I can't imagine that either a stone or a keyboard would be very comfortable.  ;-)

Last night, when I went around to check on all the boys, I stood at the door of Josiah and David's room and sensed something unusual on the floor, so I turned on their lamp to investigate.  This is what I found...
 David had taken the pillowcase off his pillow, had crawled into his pillowcase, and was lying on the floor with his head on his pillowcase-less pillow and nothing cushioning or covering his body but that pillowcase.
 Why did he do that?  I have no idea.  But he liked it enough that tonight, he's doing it again.  :)
Last night when I discovered him like that, I helped him get back into his bed, and I put the pillowcase back on his pillow.

Tonight?  I think I'll let him be.   :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

JDaniel does this too. He says it is a mini sleeping bag.

Miriam said...

Thank you, David, for providing me with a nice chuckle first thing this morning. :)

Davene, I took several pictures last night when I checked on Susannah. I think she must sneak and read your blog posts about your boys sleeping with things; she had a bed full of stuff and every time I moved one thing, I found more!

JFisher777 said...

Today I feel compelled to tell you how much I admire how that you can see the little things in life and chuckle about them, ...you see the world through little kids eyes and you are happier that way... I need to become more like that! When one slows down to notice a butterfly, a flower, a whistling bird...all of the sudden the traffic is silenced, the phone stops ringing, and the television news does not exist.