Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Like Ice Cream in the Hottest Summer

I melt.

I absolutely, positively melt into a puddle on the floor when I see my husband, whom I love more than life, holding my daughter, whom I also love more than life.  It's not just because she's a girl - after all, I've felt this way with each of our babies, this meltingness when I see what a tender father Jeff is.  No matter how many babies we have, boy or girl, it never gets old.  I never get tired of watching Jeff interact with our little ones.
After I took these pictures last evening, Jeff handed her to me because she was starting to fuss.  Then he told me what they had been talking about.  ;-)  He said that Moriah asked him how long it would be until she got more hair, and he told her that it would still be a few months.  And then he told her that even then, her hair would still be puffy.  :)
Ah, the stuff of father-daughter talks!  Isn't she a blessed girl to have such a devoted daddy?  :)

2 comments:

Sally said...

She is so cute! I love that first picture of her. I know she will have gorgeous hair.

Today, I was out shopping for a few ancillary gifts for Marie's birthday next week, and I thought of you and Moriah. Right now, you dress her up and (soon) fix her hair how you like it. And then, it will start to change, and you'll get to have so much fun finding presents that will be what SHE likes, things that are unique to her personality and preferences, and will bring great smiles and lots of playtime pleasure to her. And you'll get her these gifts (or fix her hair a certain way) even if it's something that you wouldn't get excited about, or you never even wanted when you were a little girl, etc. It's still a lot of fun! So, I had fun doing some of that for Marie this morning.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh boy.... She really is blessed, Davene. Really, really blessed.