Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sundays Are Special...

...for a number of reasons.  One of those reasons (but certainly not the most important!) is the chance to dress up Moriah in one of her beautiful dresses and savor the fun of having a little GIRL in our family!  :)
The dress I chose for her today is an extra-special dress because it was given to me by my dear blog friend Margie.  A little while back, she sent me a package containing four treasured dresses that had been worn by her daughters; and I felt extremely honored to be the recipient of those dresses.  Pieces of cloth and thread become so much more because of the memories made in them, and the opportunity to see Moriah wear them and add to the special moments is such a privilege.
When my parents arrived for Sunday dinner after church, Moriah was a little fussy because I was trying to prepare food for the rest of the family before I sat down to nurse her.  (Sometimes others in the family have to wait while I attend to Moriah's needs, but sometimes Moriah is the one who has to wait.)  ;-)  My mother reached for Moriah; and as she did, she noticed her dress.  "That dress is gorgeous!" my mother exclaimed...and I agreed with her.  :)
Thank you so much, dear Margie, for sharing such cherished dresses with us! 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so pretty in it. What a wonderful gift!

Miriam said...

She is SO pretty, Davene! I think you could dress her in a burlap bag and she'd still be so beautiful! I'm glad you don't have to, though. ;) I especially love the little smile in the last picture. :)

Anonymous said...

hehe I agree with Miriam she is beautiful! The dress just adds to that beauty :-)

Margie said...

Davene, I'm coming to this so late! The girls and I are sitting here perusing your blog; I had mentioned to them your boys and how much fun they were, and they wanted to know everything about you and your family. Then Sarah INSISTED on seeing the picture with Moriah in "Susie's" (her) dress. Lovely all around. I have been thinking of doing a blog post about the dresses, but - of course - am more than a little behind. But it's safe to say that in our household: We love Moriah! And the girls want to play with Josiah, David, Tobin, and Shav. Let's put a future playdate on the bucket list.