Monday, July 23, 2012

Not as Gross as the Last One

A few days ago, Jeff found a caterpillar in the garden - again - and called me out to look at it and take a picture of it, if I wanted to.  I did.  :)
This caterpillar is rather striking in appearance; and although it was familiar to me, I admit that I had to look it up to see what kind it was.  Turns out to be a black swallowtail caterpillar, which turns into a truly beautiful butterfly.
And best of all, it wasn't nearly as gross as the last caterpillar he wanted me to photograph.  ;-)

3 comments:

Miriam said...

This one is really pretty! God's creation is so... creative! I would love to watch one of these "hatch" into a butterfly.

Unknown said...

This one is missing traveling buddies. He does look a whole lot better.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Well, caterpillars are Public Enemy #1 in the garden, but still ... that is really beautiful. As has been said - God's creation really is stunning.