Thursday, July 14, 2011

He Made It Easy

He's an active, energetic, dramatic, passionate, hands-on kind of child.
One part monkey, one part kangaroo, one part all-boy!
He had the habit of writing certain letters and numbers backwards (still does sometimes).
"Is he dyslexic?" I wondered.  "Will he be a late reader?  Surely it will be a challenge to teach him to read.  I'll certainly have to do some research and learn some techniques for teaching struggling readers.  How will we ever manage?"
And then, when he was four, he asked me to teach him how to read--and he learned!
The rest, as they say, is history.  Could I be any prouder of my David?  Could I be any more grateful for the wonderful gift of his reading ability?

Sometimes certain aspects of life turn out to be much harder than expected, but sometimes--blessedly--they turn out to be much, much easier.  And oh, what a delight that is!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Don't ever tell Paul this, but I think David is the handsomest boy! At least, that's what I'm thinking right now as I look at these pictures. Yes, praise God for things that are easier than expected. I'm so glad David took off with reading so well.

Davene Grace said...

Sally - your secret is safe with me. ;-) Thanks for always brightening my days (and nights!). You're such an encouragement to me. :)

Unknown said...

That last picture of david is marvellous -- i'm sure i can see just what he'll look like as a man!

JFisher777 said...

I think he has a fine flat top!

Davene Grace said...

Well, he does have a good barber. ;-)