Thursday, July 21, 2011

For His Birthday, Shav Got...

...a haircut!  See how much shorter his hair is now, compared to these pictures from yesterday morning?   I think he looks so handsome; I love my boys' close-cropped haircuts...and I absolutely adore their barber.  :)



...no nap.  For the first time in his two years of life, he went the whole day without sleeping (unless I'm forgetting a previous time when he did that)!  Jeff took all the boys with him yesterday afternoon as he took Josiah to basketball camp and ran some other errands, giving me wonderful peace and quiet in which to work--one of the most-appreciated gifts I know of.  :)  I thought for sure Shav would fall asleep somewhere along the way as he rode in his car seat, but he didn't sleep a wink.  It didn't take him very long to fall asleep last night, that's for sure.  And I'm also sure--at least, as sure as I can be--that it will be a very long time until he gives up his nap for good...especially because Shav was G-R-U-M-P-Y this morning.  Seems I paid for my easy afternoon yesterday by having a difficult morning today.  :)


...a coconut cake.  Since he's too young to make his preference known, I chose the flavor for him.  ;-)



...a card that plays music.  It's become quite a tradition in our family to give each of the boys a musical card for their birthdays; and now that Shav is two, he's old enough to appreciate such a card, especially because he knows how to open and close it to make the music play.  :)
This video cracks me up.  I cannot keep a straight face when I see David and Josiah's silly dances.  :)


...a neat lamb puppet from my parents.  The unique part about it is that the puppet has five separate "holes" for the five fingers to go into:  one finger controls the lamb's head, and the other four fingers control each of the lamb's legs.  It's very cute--and it's sleeping in Shav's crib right now.  :)





...one gift from us:  a jack-in-the-box.  Sometimes less is more; and sometimes the simple, old-fashioned toys are the very best kind to give.  :)

After his grandpa showed him how to do it, Shav quickly got the hang of it.  He needed a little help to stuff Jack back in the box, but all the rest, he could do himself.  :)






...to go swimming after supper!

And so did the rest of us.  :)








I believe, from the many smiles Shav gave us, it was a very happy birthday indeed.  :)

May you have many more, my sweet little one!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful birthday! I love his gifts! I can't believe he stayed awake all day.

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday! I love the jack in the box gift!

Emily Sacra said...

Happy birthday Shav!!! Looks like we just missed you all going swimming :) We've gone every single day for a week! :)

Emily

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's amazing how much *more* he looks like his big brothers with that haircut!

Sarah-Anne said...

fun times!! he looks so happy, mama! :)

Margie said...

It looks like he had a really great day! I still can't believe he's two.