Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grateful for His Song

Our family had been enjoying a string of good health.  Had been, that is, until yesterday when Josiah came down with a case of sniffles, sore throat, slight fever, and the like.  And then the germs hit me this evening, just a few hours ago.  Our dinner guests showed up at 6:30, I was feeling great; but while we were eating supper, the first pangs of this cold (or whatever it is) started making themselves known.  Ugh.  I felt so bad about exposing them--and especially their eight-month old son--to this sickness; but despite all of that and because of their kind graciousness, we had a wonderful evening.  "Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6) is a verse that comes to mind when I think of them.  What a blessing they've been in our lives--a sweet gift of God.

Speaking of gifts of God, this song came back to my memory today.  Long, long ago, I posted it on a devotional blog I used to write; but I had not thought of it for quite a while.  Today it was a tender reminder of God's heart towards His children, and tonight I go to sleep with my ears tuned to His voice.

4 comments:

Sally said...

I'm sorry you all are getting sick! That's miserable in the summer time. (Well, anytime, really, but it seems incongruent with summer.) I hope you can get a lot of rest and get better fast!

Unknown said...

I love this song! I hope everyone feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

boo on being sick! I hope you guys get better quickly!

Sarah-Anne said...

dude, i hope you can't catch what I have over the interwebs...sounds like my first symptoms at camp! :0
praying ya'll feel much better SOON!