Saturday, July 2, 2011

Aren't You Missing the Point?

"Would you boys like to play in the sprinkler?" I ask.  

"Yeah!" comes the enthusiastic reply.  "Let's go get the umbrellas!"  Quick little feet patter down to the garage to retrieve umbrellas hanging on a nail.
 "Wait a minute, guys.  Doesn't it sort of defeat the purpose of playing in the sprinkler if you're going to use umbrellas to keep dry?"
 They're too busy to answer, but...
...apparently it doesn't.

And by the end of the evening, they were soaked anyway.  ;-)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I had to laugh today---
I read your blog this morning, then this afternoon I set up the sprinkler for our boys. Don't you think Adam went for the umbrella. It must be the "in" thing to do. I'm usually behind the times, I'm sure I'll hear about this trend next year :)

Julie said...

So CUTE! There was probably some imaginative game going on, as well. You are a great mom to let them play rainshower! Hugs...

Sarah-Anne said...

i'm with julie: you are such a great mom to let them do that; i don't think i would have, but i'm determined to be a fun mom like YOU, friend!! :)

Sally said...

Like Sarah0-Anne said, you are a fun mom! These are really cute pictures of really cute times. Don't you just love how it is still green around here, even in July?