Thursday, September 25, 2014

When the Fisher Boys Watch a Jousting Tournament...

...they then try to reenact it.

Who wouldn't?  ;-)

Way back in June, we attended a nearby jousting tournament (as I briefly mentioned in this blog post, but you have to scroll nearly to the end of that post to find it).  For several years, I had heard about this annual tournament, but I had never gone and didn't know much at all about the sport of jousting, so I was excited to take the kids (and some friends) and go this year to experience a new event for us.  The tournament was not the huge, grand display of bravado that I thought it might be; in all honesty, it was quite small and had a decidedly homespun flavor to it.  But I enjoyed it regardless.  Really, it doesn't take much to make me happy--just let me watch horses running, and I'll be thrilled--and this tournament definitely had beautiful horses.  :)

I didn't take my camera to the tournament, so I have nothing to show from that event; however, later I did enjoy making some short little movies while watching my kids imitate, here in the comfort of our home, the events they watched at the tournament.  :)


In this next video, if you pay attention - not just to the jouster, but to Moriah - you might hear how she imitates the rhythm patterns I'm saying that have been part of the Musikgarten classes that the boys have taken.  Even before she could talk much at all, Moriah could imitate those patterns of quarter, eighth, and sixteenth notes.  :)



It's loads of fun for me to watch their creativity at work in their play!  :)

Charge, Sir Knight!  :)

2 comments:

Pam said...

They are all so cute Davene and Moriah is just precious; I remember my boys doing playing in the same way as your boys in these videos. I think they would have loved a good game of jousting if they had known it was something they could do. It is wonderful that you got to go to see the jousting tournament, it would be so interesting, I think.
Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog, it really blessed me.
Blessings,
Pam

sally said...

So cute! Your boys are so CALM and creative!