Thursday, September 25, 2014

It Was All Their Idea {Fisher Fall Performance}

I'm not sure what planted the idea in their heads; but for some reason, my boys decided that we should have a little show so that Grandpa, Grandma, and Dad could see what we've been up to when they weren't around.  :)  Since my dad was picking my mom up from the nursing home anyway today (so they could go together to a senior lunch at their church), this was a good day for her to join us for dinner, followed by the performance.  The boys decided what to do, they practiced their parts, and David made a hand-written program for each of the people attending.  My involvement was minimal: I just did what they told me to do, and when I didn't have anything else to do, I simply sat and enjoyed watching my young actors and musicians.  :)

Last summer Tobin memorized the poem "Hector Protector," so he got the honor of reciting it before the boys acted it out.  I especially like "Queen" Josiah's wig.  ;-)
We're using music to memorize Bible verses this year, and here's a sample of one we've learned.  Every day the dance that accompanies this is different.  You can tell that twirl with David was Moriah's favorite part. ;-)
I don't have a video of the last act in tonight's show; that's because I was one of the participants in that one.  :)  In his recent choir retreat, Josiah learned a simple Middle Eastern dance; and he tweaked that--and taught it to the rest of us--so it would fit with "Seu Shearim," a song we used to sing when we lived in Tel Aviv.  You'll just have to imagine how delightful that particular act was and how skillful we were as our feet kept time to the music!  ;-)

I'm pretty sure that when I am old(er than I am now), I'll look back on these years of homeschooling and smile so big when I remember the joy, spontaneity, and creativity that we experienced together!  :)

No comments: