Friday, January 4, 2013

My Favorite Kind of Kitty Cat

I'm not much of a cat person.

I think I would be, except for the fact that I'm allergic to them.  The itchy, watery eyes, the sneezing, the nose that runs until I use up a whole box of tissues, and--worst--the tightening of the throat until I feel like I can't breathe...well, all of that somewhat lessens my appreciation of anything in the cat family.  ;-)  I vividly remember one night during a college choir tour when I--along with two of my friends in the choir--was placed in a home with indoor cats, and I SUFFERED through that night (I think we all did?).

When we briefly had a cat back in the summer of 2010, it didn't bother me because it was an outdoor cat; and even when I would pet it a little, my allergies didn't flare up.  But I've always known that I would never be able to have an indoor one.

However, there is one cat that is in our house that I happen to be quite fond of:  the one on the front of Moriah's shirt.  :)  
It is, indeed, "purr-fect"...
...as is the girl who wears it.  ;-)
My aunt Elaine gave Moriah this cute kitty-cat shirt, and I was glad she had chosen a larger size so that Moriah wouldn't outgrow it too quickly.
These days, it's one of my favorite pieces of clothing to put on Moriah.
I wonder if Moriah will grow up to be a cat person?
Maybe a dog person?
Surely not a bird person!  ;-)
The time will come for her to decide what types of pets she likes best; but for now, this kitty is...
...just right.  ;-)
Thanks, Aunt Elaine, from our happy girl!!  :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'll never forget that night Davene - it was you, me and Rachael Jungkeit - we ALL suffered and I believe there is a picture out there somewhere to prove it! Remember, we pulled the sheets back and discovered that there was cat hair all over the sheets we had to sleep in?? UGGGGGGG.....I made it my life's ambition at that point that if I were to ever have a pet in my house, the hair would never make it into the bedsheets haha.

Davene Grace said...

Amanda - you're right! Thanks for reminding me: although it's not the most pleasant memory, it does make me smile to remember you and me and Rachael all in the same boat. :) Now that you mention it, I remember that picture. Where, oh where, could it be? Someday I'll find it... :)

So...have you attained your life ambition of no pet hair on your sheets? Or did the arrival of your dog ruin that goal? ;-)

Amanda said...

Our dog isn't allowed upstairs so NO HAIR upstairs! And we recently upgraded our carpeting downstairs to laminate flooring which has made things so much better too! HAHA!

Margie said...

So much about Moriah's pictures remind me of the girls when they were little - their constant smiles and happiness that comes so quickly and easily in babies (as do tears, but we don't recall that like the uninhibited JOY they expressed). Love your constant updates and getting to watch her grow. She is so lovely, and is so blessed to have you as a mom! (And Jeff as a dad, and Josiah, David, Tobin, and Shav as brothers! The whole family.)