Friday, January 18, 2013

I Know One Thing

Ever since my appointment on January 9 to figure out what was causing this lump-in-my-throat feeling, I've been doing a lot of waiting--hungry for more information, sometimes chafing at delays.  I'm sure anyone who has experienced health uncertainty knows what it's like to try to be patient when dealing with the medical field, despite the desire for everyone to drop everything so we can figure out what the problem is right now.  It's hard to be a patient patient.  ;-)

But today I finally got a phone call I'd been waiting on and heard a pleasant voice on the other end telling me that the results of the TSH blood test showed that my thyroid level is 2.4--perfectly within the normal range.  That's a relief!  For one thing, I was NOT looking forward to the possibility of being on medicine for the rest of my life (although I know that when it's needed, it's a very wonderful thing that such medicine is available...there are worse things than having to take a pill every day!!).  For another thing, it's just nice to know something about what's going on, to have one answer to the myriad of questions that swirl in my mind.

Now it's back to waiting.  Next Thursday I'm scheduled for an ultrasound of my throat and a biopsy of the lump, and the following Thursday I'll go back to Dr. A's office to hear the results of that.  That's the plan anyway...

Meanwhile, life flows pretty much as normal.  We play, we learn, we laugh, we grow.  Sometimes I sigh.  Each day is a gift.

And speaking of gifts...  :)  For Christmas, we gave Shav a set of foam blocks with magnets on the sides to make it easier to build with them.  He has enjoyed playing with them, but he's not the only one.  So has Tobin...
 ...and so has Josiah (and so has David, but I don't have any pictures to prove it).  :)
It's a joy to see my boys' creativity flourish.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for finally getting some results! I will be praying for ultrasound and biopsy! Those blocks look like a lot of fun!

mamajil said...

Very Cool blocks!!!
I will be praying for your results!Asking God to give you peace and to heal you in the mighty name of our Savior Jesus!! ((HUGS))

Margie said...

Davene, I want you to know you're in my prayers. I'm really ready (as I know you are!) to know what the biopsy and ultrasound reveal. And...we have a castle set made with those magnet foam blocks, and it's one of our favorite toys. It's almost like yours, but comes with a king and queen and princesses and a knight and carriage, etc. Hours of storytelling there...