Wednesday, January 30, 2013

2 Boys + 1 Camera = Fun & Surprises!

I sat down this evening, thinking that I had plenty of time to write a nice long blog post about the rest of Tobin's birthday (since I've only gotten to part one and part one & a half in the story).  :)  But then I got busy with another oh-so-fun task: creating a new header and blog design for the month of February.  Like it always does, that took quite a while; but it was a joy to do it, so I don't regret the time.  I do, however, realize that I'd better get some sleep tonight before the morning comes--and with it, my appointment with Dr. A. to hear the results of my thyroid ultrasound and biopsy from last week.  Tomorrow is an important day!

Because of all of that, tonight I'm just going to post something that's been in my drafts folder for who-knows-how-long.  Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get to finish the post about Tobin's birthday!  :)

**********

Once in a while, David (or less often, Josiah) will ask to borrow our old camera so he can take some pictures.  And once in a while, even if he doesn't ask, I'll suggest it when I know some fresh entertainment needs to be produced pronto.  I've encouraged both Josiah and David to take pictures of whatever catches their attention, and they've taken me at my word.  They usually take LOTS of pictures, and I never know what will turn up.  Almost always, I end up laughing a little when I download the pictures later and catch a glimpse of their world, through the lens of a camera.  :)

These are some of the images that have stood out to me (and unfortunately, I don't remember who took which pictures, but I am certain that these were all taken by either Josiah or David--also, these are all straight out of camera, no editing at all):

~ looking up at the light above our kitchen sink, with our pineapple decoration visible

~ when I first caught a split-second glimpse of this picture, I wondered why Tobin was upside down...then I realized what I was looking at:  our dish drainer, with Tobin's mug (with a picture of himself on it) turned upside down to dry...I still think it's funny to see his smile peeking out through the bars of the drainer  :)

~ the view from our front window...I especially like the silhouette of part of the rocking chair, and the framing provided by the two side windows

~ looking west toward the neighbor's house (on a much sunnier, dryer, warmer, greener day than today has been!)

~ because of the poultry trucks that regularly go past our house carrying chickens and turkeys, we often get white feathers like these in our yard

~ last but not least (well, OK, maybe it is least), :)  dog food in the old trough in the pasture, as seen through the fence

It may seem silly, but even such a simple thing as handing the camera off to my boys--and then looking at the images they've captured--helps me to see life through their eyes a little better than I normally do.  And that, although very important, is not such a simple task!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The simple things are really important to notice. I am so glad he captured them.