Thursday, January 31, 2013

Didn't Learn Much...

...but here's what I know.

I hope to blog more later today, but for those who are wondering how my appointment with Dr. A. went this morning, here's a little snippet.  I posted this on Facebook, but I'll go ahead and include it here, too.

Just got home from the doctor who gave me the report of the ultrasound and biopsy of my thyroid. The result? INCONCLUSIVE. Seriously?? All this build-up, and now you're telling me we don't actually know anything? Yep. Apparently not enough cells (or something) were retrieved during the biopsy to be absolutely sure about whether there was cancer or not. So...we wait. The recommendation is for another ultrasound in 6 months. Fine, no problem. Jeff and I have felt all along that everything was almost certainly normal, so honestly I'm not upset at this report. Like my neighbor who has gone through this exact thing said, "I'm just going to live my life and not let this rule it." Amen to that! I did find out today that although when they felt the nodule, they estimated it to be 2 centimeters, the ultrasound showed that it's actually 3. That was about the most exciting part of the appointment. Other than that, much ado about nothing. :)

Today I'm grateful for "nothing."  :)

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that so far it is nothing!! We will keep you in our prayers though.

Valerie said...

Been thinking about you all day. Thanks for the update. Believing that no news = good news! :)

Anonymous said...

ughh been thinking about you all morning! Well I guess we now pray (if its his will) for God to take it away and in 6 months they can't find it! But you are right dont let it rule you! I will continue to pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Hallo,

I have enjoyed reading your blog and you write so beautifully. Even your about is so poetic. But I am delurking now to say this and I apologize for being the discordant one.

As a mom of young children, I take my health very seriously, not because I want to live long, but because I want to live to see my children grow. God has our years numbered and if anything should happen to me, my children will be taken care of and loved. But still I hope and pray that I will be around to see them grow.

If I were in your shoes I would have a second opinion. You say you have difficulty swallowing. 6 months is a long time in the growth of something like this. Please get it checked out again even if the biopsy is too painful. I hope I don't come across as offensive. You will be in my prayers.

mamajil said...

Hmm....I don't think I would wait 6 month not knowing what was going on in my body.....can you get a second opinion? I will continue praying for you! HUGS!!

Davene Grace said...

Thanks, friends, for your thoughts and prayers and concern! You've given me some things to think about. I'll mull over them, then write more at some point... :)