Saturday, January 26, 2013

An "Awww" Moment

"Can I sleep in Tobin and Shav's room tonight?" David asked me two nights ago.
 I thought for a moment, then said, "I guess so.  But remember, if you all argue, I'll have to separate you."
 "OK, we won't argue!"  Three voices were quick to reassure me, as they rushed off to get their new Christmas Eve sleeping bags so they could all sleep on the floor together.
 And they didn't.  In fact, they got along superbly well; and even though I heard their voices talking softly for quite a while after their official goodnight, I saw no reason to intervene and tell them to be quiet.  The thought of them having fun together with their brothers--their best buddies--made my heart smile...as did the sight of them when I tiptoed in later to check on them.  As David reported to me the next morning, they "read a lot of books"; and indeed, there were books strewn all around--and under--their sleeping bags.  And even a couple still in their arms.  :)
 The Christmas lights which still frame their window (and likely will until spring comes and we start opening windows again) cast a soft light over their peaceful, sleeping faces; and my heart whispered, "Precious."
Awwwwwwwww.........  :)

2 comments:

Margie said...

This IS what you want them to remember. Lovely.

Valerie said...

I did say Awwwww. :) They look so sweet.