Monday, November 12, 2012

When She Wears a Dress

Moriah has been given quite a few really cute dresses and jumpers, and I love to see her in them.  There's just one problem however: they don't stay down!  I'm not concerned about this for the sake of modesty - after all, she's only seven months old.  No, I'm simply concerned because I don't like the way it looks when her skirt that is supposed to be down around her knees works its way up until it's up around her neck!  How DO you get a baby's dress to stay down anyway?

I know that when she's older and standing upright and walking, it will be much easier to have her wear dresses than it is these days; but when I see the adorable dresses hanging in her closet now, I just can't resist sometimes.  I dress her in them, then spend the next few hours trying to adjust the skirt to keep it pulled down, whether she's in the car seat or another seat, laying down somewhere, or being held in someone's arms.  And then I ask myself, "Why did I put her in this outfit again?  I should have had her wear a sleeper!"  :)

About a week and a half ago, I chose this jumper for Moriah to wear when she accompanied Jeff and I on a date...
...and to get a picture of it, I had to have Jeff hold her up while I tugged on her skirt before picking up the camera to snap a photo.
That photo session didn't last long, but at least I got some pictures of a cute jumper girl.  ;-)

Yesterday I wanted Moriah to wear this corduroy jumper and some boots someone gave us.
After we got home from a church service, I passed the camera off to Josiah to snap a few pictures of me and my girl.
I helped her to stand because, not only does she love to stand, but it also allows the dress to hang freely and not get bunched up.
After that 30-second photo shoot was over ;-), I laid her down so I could take some close-ups of her outfit.
The dogs on the hem of this jumper make me smile.  (As do those sweet, soft boots...)  :)
I see now that her hairbow was drifting down on her forehead.  Dress goes up, hairbow goes down.
It's hard work to keep everything where it belongs.  ;-)
I'm not sure I'm enough of a stylist to be the mother of a girl-child.  ;-)
But I love this girl-child with all my heart!
Even when her dresses drive me nuts...  :)

3 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Yep, I didn't even take out any dresses for baby girl #4. Baby Girl #1 wore dresses all the time. Fewer with #2, #3 had them in her drawer and #4 had nothing but footed sleepers. It's not only the riding up and getting bunched but keeping track of socks and shoes and keeping her warm. Unfortunately, the sleepers they make in a 3t size aren't nearly as cute as the under 12 month ones. But I don't care. Until she's walking, she's going to live in sleepers. This time of year it's a cotton one under a fleece one. She did get to wear some cute stuff this summer when she could go sock-less, though. Plus my little girls a bit thick around the middle so I hate having tight elastic on her belly.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Does that precious bundle *ever* stop smiling?!

I know one thing for sure: I bet she never makes *you* stop smiling :)

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

Oh my...how did you ever live without a girl? :-)