Monday, November 5, 2012

Falling Back Means...

...falling asleep early.

This morning, I was trying to keep Moriah awake a while longer so that she could take her morning nap at the normal time, according to the new time, and get adjusted to the time change more quickly, so I put her in the playpen to play for a while before I took her up to her crib.
 As you can see, my plan didn't exactly work.  ;-)
It didn't take Moriah long at all to roll herself over and fall fast asleep, amid the noise of the household around her.  So I gave up and carried her up to her bed.  No use fighting the internal clock.  :)

I'm not sure if I can blame my fatigue entirely on the time change; but for whatever reason, I was so tired this evening that when I sat down to nurse Moriah before bedtime, I quickly fell asleep.  That used to be normal in the early days of her life when I was having to get up in the night to nurse her, but that was months ago.

Yawn.  I sure am sleepy.  It's time for one more peek at my adorable Sleeping Beauty tonight, and then I'm going to imitate her.  I do hope no one takes pictures of me sleeping though.  :)

4 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

I know! Right? Clearly, whoever thought daylight savings was a good idea didn't have little kids. This summer, I've been wondering what had happened to my kids that used go to bed at 6 pm. It didn't occur to me that they were still going to bed at the same time, the clock just didn't say so. However since, Mike's work opens according the clock, we miss out on an extra hour with him in the evenings because the girls are so tired. Not cool!

Unknown said...

JDaniel is up at 5:00 every morning now. Yesterday he took at afternoon nap. Early mornings are doing him in.

JFisher777 said...

Bed at 6pm? Wow! She must live in Alaska?

Davene Grace said...

Not Alaska, but somewhere in the north. ;-)