Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's About So Much More than Turkey

The very quality of your life, whether you love it or hate it, is based upon how thankful you are toward God. It is one's attitude that determines whether life unfolds into a place of blessedness or wretchedness. Indeed, looking at the same rose bush, some people complain that the roses have thorns while others rejoice that some thorns come with roses. It all depends on your perspective. 

This is the only life you will have before you enter eternity. If you want to find joy, you must first find thankfulness. Indeed, the one who is thankful for even a little enjoys much.

~ Francis Frangipane
I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual…O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.

~ Henry David Thoreau

********

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!  May it be an enjoyable, but more than that, a meaningful holiday for each of you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving!