Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What Do Potatoes and Moriah Have in Common?

They're both being featured this week!  One is being featured on the dinner table, and one on the blog.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which is which.  ;-)

Why potatoes?  Well, this past weekend, one of the fun, extra projects that I did was organizing our cellar (here's how it looked five years ago...its shelves are fuller now).  :)  While doing so, I was inspired by the four big containers of potatoes that Jeff dug out of our garden this year; and I thought, "I wonder if I could use potatoes as part of our dinner every night this week, preparing them in totally different ways so that it wouldn't seem monotonous.  I think I'll try it!"  :)

Last evening, I used potatoes in a new-to-me recipe: a meat/potato/green bean crockpot dinner (recipe found here).  Since it was choir night for the boys, having dinner ready in the crockpot was perfect for a busy evening.  What's more, I really liked the food!  It's always wonderful when a new recipe turns out great.  :)

Tonight's potato recipe was also new but completely different from last night's dinner:  a pineapple and potato curry over rice.  I knew, when I chose it, that I would probably be the happiest person at the table tonight, because I LOVE curry while some of the rest of the family just tolerates it (though some of them are too polite to say so).  ;-)  Sure enough, I thought it was delicious!  I didn't do a poll of everyone else (one vote today was enough, I'd say!), but no one else voiced their enthusiasm like I did.  ;-)  I guess there are advantages to being the cook, and preparing food that I like heads the list.  :)

I haven't decided yet how I'll prepare potatoes for tomorrow's dinner--maybe my favorite scalloped potato recipe?  And then there are Thursday and Friday to think about...  Yum!  :)

OK, Moriah's turn.  Yesterday, she got to be in a blog post.  Today, here she is again, rocking' the vote this morning.  :)
Best part of Election Day, right there.  :)
Tomorrow I have a Wordless Wednesday post about her.  Friday she turns seven months old, and I hope to  do a post about that momentous occasion.  So it's looking like Moriah's going to dominate the blog this week.

Potatoes and Moriah - they're what's on my mind.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love potatoes in a strata. Breakfast food are a favorite anytime of day at my house.

I love that she got the sticker.