Saturday, June 2, 2012

There's a Baby in the Crib!

You'd think I'd be used to it by now.  After all, for most of the past 10 years, we've had a little one filling the crib.
As a matter of fact, the only reason we've ever moved a child out of the crib is because a little sibling was coming along who needed that space!
But even still, sometimes when I walk into our dear little nursery room, I almost catch my breath with wonder at the thought that there, lying in our crib--the dark wood one we excitedly chose and Jeff assembled when Josiah was on the way--is a baby.  Our baby.
This sense of wonder doesn't come just because this most recent baby is a girl; I've felt it with each of my babies.
It simply comes from the realization that the longing I had for a child has been fulfilled, the dream I had of my own sweet baby sleeping in that crib has come true, and out of all the families in the world God has chosen to give these children to us.  Sometimes that's all it takes to floor me.  And sometimes that feeling hits me hardest when I open the door to Moriah's room, walk in, and realize that...

...there's a baby - a real, live, given-by-God, nurtured-by-us baby in the crib!!  :)

4 comments:

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

How sweet. I love your background. I am going to the conference!!!! Maybe we could have lunch or dinner together on Friday or Sat? If your husband doesn't mind, I know he's going too :-)

Unknown said...

And a beautiful lil thing she is too! Congratulations

I read your "About Me" and am all, "WOW!" What a life! I can see we have a lot in common already!

bekahcubed said...

God is good in filling your crib--and your joy in His gifts brings me joy too. Thanks so much for letting me (and the rest of us readers) share in the joy of your family.

Margie said...

Oh, Yes.