Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Was Looking for Something Else...

...but when I came across these videos of Josiah on Jeff's external hard drive, I couldn't resist pausing to watch them...and now to share them.  These were all filmed in our apartment in Israel.  I don't know how old Josiah was in this first little video clip of him walking with shaky steps...

...but this next video of him saying his first memory verse was taken on April 1, 2005, when he was two years old.  At the end he says, "Now pa-pa-pa," which meant that he had done everything he needed to do before bed and now would be allowed to have his pacifier (we let him sleep with it until he turned three).  I had completely forgotten that "pa-pa-pa" was his word for pacifier.

This next video was from the following night - April 2, 2005.  His nightly ritual was to do this countdown before he ran into his room to go to bed.

On May 11, 2005, Jeff took Josiah to a shopping mall (Dizengoff Center) that was fairly close to our apartment in Tel Aviv and let him ride on this motorcycle.  With such a small apartment and such a hot country, we discovered the entertainment benefits of an air-conditioned mall with room for a toddler to run and explore the play area and sometimes even get a special ride on this.  :)

On June 9, 2005, four days before Josiah turned three, Jeff filmed this little conversation with him.  "Mi Ohev Otah Yoter Mimeni" was a popular Israeli love song at the time; it basically means "Who Loves You More Than Me."  If we had stayed in Israel, it would have been so much fun to watch as Josiah became fluent in Hebrew.  Maybe someday...  :)

Lastly, Josiah singing the ABC song on July 13, 2005, when he was 3 years and 1 month exactly.  This was about 2 and a half weeks before we left Israel.

These videos put such a smile on my face...and, honestly, a touch of sadness in my heart.  I miss that sweet two- and three-year-old Josiah.  But even more, I LOVE the sweet ten-year-old Josiah who's sleeping under my roof tonight!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

SO sweet! And I totally understand- I was looking at pictures of my older two when they were little and had to stop before I turned into a puddle of tears!

Unknown said...

What treasures! I am so glad you found them.