Saturday, December 3, 2011

What She Chose

I'm smack dab in the middle of a busy SVCC concert weekend.  First of all, of course, there's the obligation (a happy one!) to be the proud mother of Josiah, a Treble Choir member!  ;-)  Second, there was a dress rehearsal this morning to get Josiah to and pick him up from.  Third, there was a wonderful concert tonight to be an usher for (a very fun job!).  Fourth, there are cookies to bake for the reception after tomorrow's concert (and since they're currently in the oven, I'm stealing a moment to blog).  Fifth, there is a concert to attend tomorrow afternoon!  

So...yeah...busy...not much time to blog...or write down anything very profound.  But I do have time to share a few quick photos.  :)

Ever since Jeff's sister Kim told me that she went straight out and bought girl clothes as soon as she heard the results of our ultrasound, I've been curious to see what she chose.  :)  A package arrived this week from that familiar address, and I eagerly opened it to find this:
A VERY cute little dress that I can already picture my little girlie wearing.  Can you say "photo shoot"?  ;-)
Kim included four shirts/bodysuits...
 ...I love the little rosebud detail on them.  Girl clothes are so much fun.  :)
She also sent a pair of tights--white with little "shoes" printed on them.  I had no idea I could get so excited about a pair of tights, but they are just so adorable.  I had never spent much time looking at tights before.  This whole girl thing is opening a whole new world!  ;-)  I'm not sure how one actually puts tights on a little eight-pound lump of wiggly jello (a.k.a. baby), but I guess I'll figure it out.  ;-)

Thanks, Kim, SO much!  I love what you chose, I love your excitement about this girl-child, and I love YOU!  :)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh it's TONS of fun to put adorable outfits on baby girls (especially for that first visit to church) and enjoy the sweetness for a few seconds before they realize there is finally a clean canvas for them to blast their lovely diaper contents right up the back onto as they relax in the baby bucket on the way to your destination.

So the trick is to keep the super-cute outfit in the diaper bag to change INTO (actually just having changes of clothes in the diaperbag is helpful, but that took YEARS for me to catch onto)...OR...as I'm sure in babygirl Fisher's case...just have every outfit be so adorably cute that she can't help but HAVE to make reasons for you to change her.

Or maybe it's just those messy McClay girls ;) and clueless McMom.

Either way...just my usual "perspective" to take or leave.

(And don't tell anyone, but I was secretly relieved to not have it be an SVCC weekend at the McHouse.)

Hugs and many CONGRATULATIONS and THANKS for sharing your so so sweet perspective on anticipating your babygirl. I am awaiting a new niece or nephew (but got a "congrats on the grandbaby" comment on fb since it's my preggo baby sis who COULD be mine but isn't). Not. Yet.

Ok...ummm...do we need some IRL time or what????

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I love the dress and the colors of everything simply beautiful!!

Sally said...

Have fun! I have to admit I'm a lazy mom. I put dresses on my babies (before they can walk) pretty much only for pictures. And Marie has never felt a pair of tights. Ever. I think Hannah maybe felt a pair once, but then, maybe not. I just so intensely did not want to wrestle and struggle with those things, so all my baby pictures have the "natural look" (leg skin!). As for the dresses, I guess I'm just too practical, and the few time I put a dress on Hannah as a baby, the dress seemed to be always up over her head and her little legs and diaper showing. Andrew didn't like fooling with them either, so we just didn't do dresses very much. Now, one they can walk, we do all kinds of dresses, for church and for ever day.

One neat thing is there are some "dresses" that look like cute, short-ish dresses, but they are really a cleverly sewn onesie-type outfit. So, they snap at the crotch, and have a little skirt, and the rest of the bows and flowers and pretties of a dress. That was my style of baby dress!

Kim Wilson said...

Hi,
The reason for the shirts was I know April weather is unpredicatable and she can still be warm in that dress. I loved the fact the dress was not "pink". Living through you on the girl thing, as my chances for a girl do not look good! Love you!

Aunt Kim

Homeschool on the Croft said...

See how excited you've got us all?!