Friday, December 23, 2011

What I'm Seeing

With my outer eyes, I'm seeing this:

With my inner eyes, I'm seeing the faces of those I love so much, gathered around our table earlier today for Christmas Dinner, Round One.  I'm hearing the happy voices and the quick laughter.  I'm tasting the last bit of Grandma's Fruit Tea that I've just drained from my glass.  I'm feeling the love that flows when family gathers to celebrate the birth of The Child.  What a wonderful day it's been, and there are pictures to share and stories to tell from it.

But for now, I'm just going to enjoy the view from my couch, enjoy the warmth of the cozy fire in our woodstove, and relax.  I have a feeling that, in a few minutes, my outer eyes aren't going to be seeing much of a view at all!  ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that view!!! And those bookshelves!! :) I saw your profile picture on Bonnie's blog and just wanted to tell you that you look WONDERFUL!!! How are you feeling? :)

Homeschool on the Croft said...

We've just had our first round... dinner with my mum and dad, and the opening of the pressies. We'll have a quiet day tomorrow and then a big meal on Monday with family and friends.
Have a wonderful weekend