Friday, August 12, 2011

{More} Photos in a Cemetery

I knew, for a long time, that I wanted to go take pictures in a cemetery.

What I did not know is how much my boys would enjoy it...and how they wouldn't want to leave when we said it was time to go home!  When I mentioned that on Facebook a few days ago, I heard from some friends who talked about how much they--or their kids--enjoyed playing in cemeteries, too.  Who knew?  :)

The cemetery trip happened on Wednesday evening, right after we savored a delicious, relaxing dinner at Aroma Restaurant.  These days, the eight of us don't often end up eating out together (because of schedules and budgets), so it was a special treat.  :)

Here we are, in the big white van, on our way to the cemetery...

Jeff, the driver



Dad, in the co-pilot's chair


Tobin, although all I could see of him was his little hand sticking up  :)

Mother, beside Tobin

Shav, in the third row of seats

Josiah, beside him and directly in front of me

David, who shared the backseat with me

And me...when I see this picture, I have one predominant thought:
"I have a lot of gray hair."  ;-)

Here are a few photos from the cemetery, without much commentary (because it is late, and I am tired!)...




On the way home, we stopped by Silver Lake because I wanted to take some more pictures of my parents.


Aren't my parents sweet?  :)

One last look at the lake, and then...
...we headed home.

8 comments:

Sally said...

When I saw the picture of you, I didn't see any gray hair. After you mentioned it, I looked again and still didn't see any. I saw a pretty blue eye! (Either I'm brown/gray color blind, or it's not as bad when the gray hair isn't your own.)

Sally said...

Oh, I love the pictures of your parents. They are such special, wonderful people.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Aww, you will always treasure these photos of your parents. Very, very lovely.
I love taking a wander through our cemetery here too.... so many stories, so much history. Soon, it will be us.

Anonymous said...

Your parents are so cute! I love seeing people that age still so in love. That's the kind of marriage I want! I love wandering in graveyards. There is so much history, love and sadness. Rob unfortunately finds it creepy so I have to go alone!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! And your parents are a lovely couple standing "By the Shores of Silver Lake".

Unknown said...

Your parents are darling!

Carol said...

Treasure the photos of your parents. These are very special pictures of them.

Anonymous said...

intriguing history, indeed! my dad proposed in a cemetary, mostly i think because they were out walking and my mom sat on a gravestone & wouldn't leave till dad got up the nerve to ask her :)