Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Lovely Lisa

The first day of July, we were thrilled to have a visit from Lisa, one of my college roommates, and her family...and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.  I'm only a month and a week late.  But anyway...moving right along...  :)

Lisa is one of The Five, the group of women that lived together during our last two years of college.  Although none of us see any of the others on a regular basis, we have stayed close; and every chance we get to be together is an undeniable pleasure.  While she was here, I wanted to take a few pictures of her, especially because she's pregnant!  With a daughter!  A little girl who will certainly be watched over and protected by her two big brothers...not to mention her mom and dad.  :)

During that beautiful evening, I started snapping some pictures; but then, my camera started malfunctioning.  :(  It was one of those camera glitches that Jeff figures out for me; but since he was deep in conversation with Andrew, Lisa's husband, I didn't interrupt him to deal with the camera.  Therefore, I had to content myself with only a few pictures.  At least a few is better than none.  :)

Lisa is such a caring, nurturing soul that motherhood seems an easy fit for her.
It was sweet to see her care for her boys...
...and I know her little girlie will be so blessed...
...to have my lovely friend Lisa...
...as her mother!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those photos turned out great!

Unknown said...

I think they look wonderful! She sure does love your boys.

Mike and Katie said...

She is lovely and she looks like perhaps she due around Christmatime too. There seem to be many women due during that time. Two in my neighborhood. Perhaps more than just a few Catholic decided to give up TV for Lent. ;)

I did get my results back for the Rh test and I didn't have any antibodies. I hope you hear the same results. It did sound like there were some treatment options if I had however. I'm glad you'll have an answer soon.

Katie

Davene Grace said...

Katie, I'm so glad to hear the good results from your test; thanks for letting me know! :)