Friday, August 26, 2011

Few Words...but a Picture of Love

In Ecclesiastes 5:2, we are given the warning to "let your words be few."  I'm going to heed that advice and take my weary self off to bed momentarily.  But first, I'll simply mention that I'm grateful for love shared by a grandma and her grandsons.
Having Jeff's mom here with us has reminded me of the series of posts that I wrote last fall about my relationship with her through the years.  If you're curious about how things are between us, here's the story:
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven

7 comments:

Sally said...

That is a wonderful pictures. I don't know what is in her cup, but I'm thirsty now, and I want a glass of whatever it is!

Davene Grace said...

Sally - you're so funny! After I posted this, I actually noticed her drink, too, and I wondered what people would think it was. :)

It's "just" iced tea, but it's my mom's famous Stevia-sweetened ice tea, and it is so, so good. :)

Unknown said...

They sure do love her.

Miriam said...

LOL, yes, seeing the glass of tea in Grandma's hand made me want some, too!! Maybe I'll make a little batch today :) This is such a wonderful picture of love between a Grandma and her grandsons!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture! I love how Grandma's just relaxing with her boys and her sweet iced tea. You're a good daughter-in-law, Davene. I think it's time for me to re-read your series on your relationship with your MIL.

Julie said...

I was certainly wondering what it was! Glad to hear it was "just" iced tea{smile}.

Sarah-Anne said...

to be more blunt: sometimes its just a good thing to shut up. ;) and with me & my big mouth, those are words to live by!