Thursday, August 25, 2011

In So Many Ways, We're Back!

You know when I mentioned keeping the computer off for a few days?  I didn't include the important tidbit of information that my blogging break was due to a trip to California for Jeff and I to attend a conference in Garden Grove.  I didn't think the whole wide world (well, the infinitesimally minuscule fraction of the world that stops by my blog) needed to know that we would be gone.  Neither did they need to know that Jeff's mom would be here, taking care of our boys while we were away.  Some things are better told after the fact.  ;-)

But now, we're back.  Back at home.  Back with our beloved boys.  Back to living our "ordinary" life.
  


Even more significantly, we're back in a different way.  Back to our spiritual roots.  Back to our sold-out, hair-on-fire commitment to Christ.  Back to our go anywhere, do anything, give up everything way of life.  Back to our first love.

And I never want to leave this mountaintop of faith again.

6 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

We'll remind you of this mountaintop when you're in the valley next :)

(Boy, that sounded like a really pessimistic Scot....!) x

Unknown said...

What a wonderful time away!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great trip!! :-)

Sarah-Anne said...

sneaky sneaky. haha, just kidding; i did the same thing when we went to the beach! glad you & Jeff had an amazing time and came back on fire for the Lord!

JFisher777 said...

Amen!

Sally said...

Go anywhere, do anything...I'm so glad you've been built up and have had your "coals stirred". The first thing that came to my mind was, in some areas, you don't have to wonder what the next step is...a baby is growing in your womb! That maps out quite a segment of life, and shows at least some of what God is calling you to do.

Not at this moment, but sometimes I find it harder to have zeal and enthusiasm about staying put and serving where God has put me. In other words, I want to be "going and doing", but at this time, God has called me to "stay and be". I hope you know what I mean. I'm happy for others who are called and go, but I know that I'm no less spiritual if God's will for me is serving right here at home.

Anyway, I'm so glad you're back! I'm looking forward to more posts.