Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Been a While...

...since I've gone this long without a blog post.

It's been a while...
...since I've felt this busy.

It's been a while...
...since I've been--and stayed--this exhausted.

It's been a while...
...since I've taken a picture of my oldest and youngest sons together.

Today, as I contemplated all that I need to do to keep this ship of my life afloat, the word "overwhelmed" kept coming to my head time after time.  And then I felt the gentle voice of God speak softly, comfortingly to my soul.  "Don't be overwhelmed by all the things of this world and all the things you feel you must do.  Be overwhelmed by Me."

As soon as all the people saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with wonder and ran to greet him.
~ Mark 9:15 ~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahem! Such a wonderful thing to keep in perspective!

Anonymous said...

giggle giggle.. I haven't had my coffee yet.. that first word should have been amen not ahem :-P

Miriam said...

What an encouraging thought. I don't have 4 boys, but I do have a busy toddler and have just come out of the exhausted, overwhelmed 1st trimester feelings, so I know what you mean. I hope you're able to take some naps, ignore the "stuff" that is overwhelming, and find strength in His overwhelming supply.

Sarah-Anne said...

oh my goodness, they are so big. for reals; they are growing up right before my blog reading eyes! ;)

Sally said...

I've been thinking about you and praying for you and your newest baby. When I'm feeling overwhelmed and frustrated, I mentally say to myself, "Sally, evidently you're just trying to do too much." Then, most often, I look around me and nix some things, be it an appointment on the calendar, switch to a simpler meal, or decide that particular project is not going to get done this summer. I hope you can soon have a lighter load and get some additional rest.