Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Eating Snow...and the Question on My Mind

It snowed yesterday--not a huge amount; but in a winter like this one in which snow was quite a scarcity, every flake that fell yesterday was appreciated and celebrated.  We might have only had an inch or two on the ground, but it was enough snow to go over to the neighbor's pasture and sled in it.  And, of course, eat it.  :)

When Tobin and Shav were chilly and ready to come inside, they weren't ready, however, to stop eating the cold whiteness.  That wasn't a problem though, because I could find enough clean snow to scoop into a bowl for them and then--just for fun--put some honey on top like Tobin requested.
 See how wild he looks as he eats a bite of snow and the honey dangles from his mouth?  :)
 All the joys of eating snow...
 ...without the pain of freezing your fingers or nose!  :)
I love these boys and their zest for life!

********

Tomorrow is the long-awaited day of my ultrasound to check Baby Girl's position.  Is she indeed head down like several midwives have thought?  Or will we discover that she's still breech?  I can hardly wait to find out the answer to this question that I've asked myself a thousand times!!  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The snow looks delicious! I wish we had gotten snow this year.

Valerie said...

I'm so glad you actually enjoy the snow. I look at those pictures and think "Ewww! Snow!" :) Well, not the pictures of your boys eating the snow. Those are cute. I never heard of honey on snow... but since I tend to avoid the white stuff it's no surprise.

I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

Sarah-Anne said...

so sweet...eating snow was a VERY rare treat for us when we were little and i remember loving it!

Anonymous said...

Guess there is a time when you can eat yellow snow :-)