Sunday, March 18, 2012

Before I Fall Into Bed

I feel like I ought to post something, but this full-but-wonderful weekend has taken the starch out of me...and not just the starch...it's also stolen my words!  It's time for this introvert to have some quiet, alone time--preferably with a pillow and blanket--to recharge.  :)

Before I head up the steps to the bed I can hardly wait to crawl into, I'll simply post these pictures as a way of remembering how peacefully David and Tobin got along yesterday afternoon.  They were looking at the children's Bible that David has been reading, and talking about the pictures, and David read some of the pages to Tobin.  I happened to overhear David pointing out Jesus to Tobin, and Tobin's rebuttal of "That's not Jesus.  Jesus always wears a blue thing!"  True, true.  Most artists of American children's Bibles give Jesus a blue sash.  But in this particular children's Bible, it happens to be red.  :)  
I was amazed at how long this held their attention...AND at how well they got along.
There is hope--even for these two middle children, my Sandpaper Boys.  Soon maybe I'll be able to call them the FKASB!*

* Formerly Known as Sandpaper Boys  ;-)

4 comments:

Pam said...

It is truly a great reward when our children get along with each other and love the Lord; I think it is probably our greatest desire as Moms isn't it? Those are such precious boys, and to think you have one more baby coming is so exciting. I love your header, great pictures... also love your family picture a few posts down... definitely a beautiful family. I am feeling a little sleepy myself. You have a wonderful week Davene.

Unknown said...

How wonderful to see them reading the Bible together!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

I wouldn't be surprised if, in 10 years time, they'll be the ones thick as thieves, closer than any other pairings of your family..... precious photos :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to capture that moment!