Thursday, April 24, 2014

The View

Two evenings ago, we saw a rainbow.
 Tobin, who had finished eating supper quickly that evening and then had gone out to jump on the trampoline, spotted it first, and came bursting into the house, exclaiming loudly that we needed to come see this rainbow.  So we got up from our seats at the table and went to take a look.
I don't think it's visible at all in these pictures, but it was actually a double rainbow.  I'm not nearly skillful enough with a camera to be able to capture that faint second row of color though.

No matter how old I get and no matter how often I see rainbows, I never quite get over the wonder and beauty of them.  What a view!

********

Yesterday morning, I glanced out our front window and was struck by the serenity of this scene.
 It all speaks peace and loveliness to me: the grass which is now green (after a long winter of brown), a horse and buggy stopped by our neighbors' house, the mountains and sky--both blue--beyond.
No matter how old I get and no matter how often I see horse and buggies, I never quite get over the novelty and beauty of them.  What a view!

********

Two mornings ago, I walked into the living room from the kitchen and saw this.
 Tobin and Moriah, snuggling under a quilt that Grandma Fisher made.  They've both grown so much since this, but the love they share is even stronger than in those early days.
 Then David, not to be left out, wanted a turn.  :)


No matter how old I get and no matter how often I see my kids being affectionate together, I never quite get over the preciousness and beauty of it.  What a view!

********

On Easter afternoon, when Moriah finally got to take a nap, I went to check on her after quite a while had gone been and discovered she was still sleeping.

No matter how old I get and no matter how often I see my children sleeping, I never quite get over the sweetness and beauty of it.  What a view!  :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love that she has books with Hebrew on them!! :)