Monday, April 14, 2014

Mondays Are for...

...fresh starts, for taking a deep breath and diving in with enthusiasm to a brand new week.  They're for starting over, and for aiming a little higher, and hoping for a little more success.  And goodness, after the challenging last week I've had (good challenges=the pair of violin recitals I accompanied, hard challenges=the lingering coughs and aches and fatigue that affected nearly every member of our family at some point during the week), was I ever ready to hit the reset button today!

For me, that reset button looked like doing several loads of laundry, washing ALL the dirty dishes, opening a history book to read to the boys about the stock market crash of 1929 and the Great Depression, cleaning Moriah's room, cooking a real meal for supper (venison and gravy over rice, peas, fruit salad), and making sure all the kids had baths or showers tonight.  Normal stuff, but somewhat neglected during the busy days of late.

That reset button also meant taking the time to dig some kernels of life-giving truth out of the Bible--in this case, it was Proverbs 3:7-8 and 4:20-23 that breathed new strength into my spirit.  After a week of lingering sickness, what could be better than reading about what "will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones"?  :)

I'm almost always fond of Mondays, but this week I felt even more grateful than I usually do.  Thanks, God, for this chance to begin again!

1 comment:

Susan Wheeler said...

Around 7:15 in the morning of Tuesday, April 15, I was sitting in the waiting room of a clinic at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD. Not having anything else to do but wait for the clinic to open at 8 am, I was reading your blog off my smartphone. (How cool is that!) The verses you posted were so encouraging to me! The reason I was at NIH has to do with the health of my bones. So wonderful to be reminded by you that our faithful, loving God is the provider of and healer of our bones. It was a magical moment; I had been wondering how far from Bethesda you live. At that moment, it really didn't matter. I felt like I was together with you in your living room. Thanks, my friend. Susan Wheeler