Sunday, April 20, 2014

Having a Daughter on Easter...

...is a special delight.  The reason is simple:  Easter dresses.  ;-)

Let me be quick to say that wearing a special dress on Easter is almost meaningless, compared with the real meaning of Easter.  Jesus dying on the cross to take away the sins of the whole world, especially mine v. my daughter wearing a pretty dress?  Well, there's just no comparison.  ;-)

But still, after years of only having little boys to dress up, it is fun to have a daughter on this day.  ;-)

The choice of what dress to have Moriah wear was easy this year, since the last time she visited from California, Jeff's mom gave Moriah a beautiful dress, and I saved it especially for today.  :)

After we got home from a fantastic church service today, I took Moriah outside (and she took her doll) :) and just basically followed her around with my camera.  The first place she wanted to go when she saw me ready to take pictures of her was the front steps, where we had taken some of her birthday pictures.  I didn't mind.  :)


 Such pretty details in her dress.  :)





 Moriah wanted to march up the hill to go visit the animals.  :)




 Back down the hill...
 ...to go to the swings.  :)
 Back up the hill.

 Saying hi to the chickens.  :)



 She plopped down there by the chicken yard to pick pieces of grass and shove them through the fence for the chickens.  :)
I suppose any dirt she might have gotten on her dress will come out in the wash.  After all, a country girl has to get a little dirty...

...even on Easter.  :)

No comments: