Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Wawa"

Ever since David first began to say his big brother's name, Josiah has been "I-yah."  That lasted until David could say Josiah's name properly, but it began again when Tobin started speaking...and with Tobin, it continues to this day.  He rarely says any other name for Josiah.  

Now, however, with the third little brother beginning to say the names of everyone in the family, Josiah has graduated from "I-yah" to...ready for this?..."Wawa."   On second thought, I'm not sure that's much of a graduation, maybe more like a regression.  ;-)

"Wawa" doesn't seem to mind and is almost always gentle and patient and understanding with the little ones.  He told me tonight that he can hardly wait until our new baby is born.  :)

Speaking of "Wawa" and tonight...after a somewhat difficult day in which the boys were all more squirrely than normal, Jeff came up with the absolutely brilliant idea :) for me to take Josiah out on a date.  Didn't take me more than a split-second to agree, so off we went, straight to Sweet Bee (not familiar with Sweet Bee?  Emily wrote about it--and included lots of pictures, of course!--on her blog here).  I hadn't been there until last night, when Jeff and I went there as part of our date; but I knew right away that the boys would like it, too, so I was thrilled to take Josiah there tonight and see his delight.  He was a little chatterbox, talking the whole time in the van, the whole time there, everywhere.  How fun to simply have time with him and hear the thoughts that flow through his dear head.
I love you, Wawa!!  And those freckles of yours?  I'm crazy about them.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

soo sweet! I love that he doesn't correct them and just waits for them to say his name properly! Sammy's best friend's name is Noelle.. and he has called her woa-wah forever.. he can say her name now but chooses to call her woa-wah.. and she loves it :-)

What a fun date night for you and your oldest!

Elizabeth said...

Precious memories in the making.

Sarah-Anne said...

good times; some of the best memories i have are on "dates" with my dad. :)