Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Goodbye to Grandma

Today was the day that Jeff's wonderful mom flew back to her home in California, after spending four weeks with us.  And so, in honor of the occasion, I got out the camera yesterday afternoon to take some candid shots of her...well...just being Grandma.  After I downloaded the pictures onto the computer and was looking at them, I just had to laugh when I got to this one:
 If you saw this picture on a quiz, along with this question, "One of these items is NOT like the others.  Which one is different?", would you get the answer right??  :)

Seriously, what is Darth Vader doing in my house???  ;-)

OK, with him out of the picture, we can finally have that nice Grandma & Tobin shot I was trying to get.
Ah, yes.  That's much better.

As Grandma flies west, one thing is for sure:  she sure will be missed.

Even by Darth Vader.  ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe!! This totally cracked me up!!

Sally said...

This is funny---except that I think Darth Vader is the absolutely most hideous, vile, and wicked-looking thing produced by imagination. He looks scary to me, even though I know he's not real. It helps that in these pictures I know one of your delightful little boys is under that deceiving costume. I'm not quite as scared!

Elizabeth said...

Hahaha! That cracked me up too! I love it Davene!

Unknown said...

I love that Darth made an appearance! I bet grandma did too.

Miriam said...

Hahaha!! That picture is totally hilarious! It would make great wedding collage material someday :)