Monday, September 12, 2011

Ninja in Training

My big boys have a new craze:  ninjas.  Their obsession involves things like checking books about ninjas out of the library and poring over them to learn all they can about how ninjas lived (that counts for history, right?) and giving up their saved money so Jeff could order them toy ninja swords on Ebay.  If you've driven by our house recently and seen wild sword fighting in the yard, that would be a pair of young ninjas doing battle--sometimes against each other and sometimes against foes that exist only in their minds.  And to think I ever worried that they wouldn't have enough imagination!

One day recently, while I was putting away laundry, David called out, "Look, Mom!"  

I looked...and saw this...





Ninjas have to be good at climbing things, even while carrying a sword...or so I've been told.  But what these pictures tell me is this:  "It's really true--if David were an animal, he'd surely be a monkey."  ;-)

6 comments:

Sally said...

You have a unique set of boys! I'm impressed. I wonder if Paul will ever break away from his books and drawing long enough to get into sword fighting and climbing and so on. I guess we'll see!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Hilarious! And very necessary for a Ninja...

Unknown said...

You have just a variety of gifts and talents at your house. Definitely a gift that would help become a Ninja.

Lisa said...

He IS a monkey! Boys are so fun!

We always say each kid reminds us of an animal...Isaac is our dog, Annabelle is the monkey, and Emerson is the koala bear.;-)

Anonymous said...

he is definitely a ninja!! :-)

Elizabeth said...

Hahaha! I love how you captured it all! A little monkey indeed! Boys will be boys eh?