Monday, September 26, 2011

Someone Gave Me Roses

It wasn't Jeff.
 No, this time it was someone who has loved me for longer than my husband has.
 My mother, of course.  :)
 She picked these pink beauties from the rosebush just outside our side door, arranged them in a delicate glass vase, and placed them on the table, surprising me with them when I got home from the boys' choir practice this evening.  While I was gone, she also did the breakfast and lunch dishes I had accumulated from today but hadn't gotten to yet.  She sure loves me!
I sure love her, too.  :)

5 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Is there anything more beautiful than a rose?

(Well, apart from... a mother's love :)
And a husband's love.... and the love of our children... of course )

They are simply gorgeous, though, aren't they :)

Unknown said...

She gave such beautiful gifts. What a special lady!

Sarah-Anne said...

ah, roses :) your mom sounds like such a sweet lady, friend!

Sally said...

They are so beautiful! You have a wonderful mother.

Anonymous said...

Mothers demonstrate their love in the very best ways, don't they?