Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tiptoeing Back to Normalcy

After five glorious days visiting relatives in Canada, I am jumping easing back into the swing of things here at home.  Today was made beautiful by extra-long hugs given me by my children, extra-often times of cuddling and reading stories on the couch, and extra-sweet smiles from Jeff.  It is good to be back home again.

But even while I was unpacking my suitcase and reconnecting with my kids and doing a few loads of laundry and cleaning Moriah's room and listening to bursts of laughter from my playful boys and putting fresh sheets on my bed and enjoying the sight of the precious faces that gather around my kitchen table, my heart was missing this...

...this view...
 ...this activity...
...and, most of all, this group of people.
I am so very blessed to call them my family.

2 comments:

sally said...

Wow! I bet you are missing all that. There is something unique and singly attractive about the farm life (I mean real farming, not just a hobby farm)--the big open spaces, the autonomy of managing animals, fixing equipment, repairing broken fences--being able to do things and feeling capable, the sense of satisfaction of a job done and done well after feeding all the cows, putting down the fresh straw in the stalls and seeing the cow lie down in it all comfortable, etc. The sense of accomplishment watching fields of grain grow, knowing you prepared the soil and planted it all, or the wonderful beauty of haybales that you helped to make, and just on and on. There is so much mental and spiritual therapy in the physical work of farming. But it is a whole lot of work, whether you feel like doing it every day or not!

Having said all that, I'm glad you're back safe and sound. I was praying for you extra on Wednesday!

Olivia said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!:D

I've nominated you for the blogger recognition award on my blog!:D