Friday, January 2, 2015

Shav Has a Castle

During one of my Christmas shopping trips in mid-December, I spotted a wooden castle that I was SURE Shav would LOVE.  But the price seemed high to me, and I ended up walking away without getting it.
 I couldn't get it out of my mind, however; and when I returned to that store some days later to help Josiah do some shopping for his siblings, I pointed the castle out to him.
 When he agreed to contribute some money towards it (with the rest coming from me...which is to say, coming from Jeff!) ;-) and to use that as his gift for Shav, it was an easy decision.  We would get the castle.
 I thought Shav would be eager to paint it, since he often clamors to be allowed to paint something.
 But so far, he hasn't touched a paintbrush to it.
 He's been too busy using it for other things.  Battles and such, you know.  Serious stuff.   ;-)
It's so gratifying to see him playing with it, and I expect he'll have many more happy hours with it.  And who knows?  Maybe someday, he'll even get around to painting it.  :)

No comments: