Friday, June 10, 2011

You Can Learn a Lot about Someone By...

...the workshops they attend at a homeschool convention.

As a matter of fact, you can learn quite a bit about them by the simple fact that they are even going to a homeschool convention!  But beyond that, looking at the workshops they've chosen to attend reveals something about who they are...and what's more, who they want to become.

As we set off today for our state's homeschool convention, I'll tell you some of the workshops I've marked on my schedule as ones I'd really like to attend:
Home Educating with Babies and Toddlers and Loving It
Structuring the Day with Infants and Toddlers in the Home
Order in the House! Peace Vs. Chaos in the Home
Making It All Happen
and last but not least, Raising Cain Without Killing Abel--A Look at Sibling Rivalry.

So, what does this say about me?  ;-)

Maybe what it says is that I'm often overwhelmed by all the hats I wear...and that I sense two big challenges during this upcoming school year.

What are those challenges?

Tobin and Shav.  ;-)
Who us?  Challenges?
 We don't know what you're talking about!
 Why, we'll be good as gold while you do school.  We promise!  After all, we love to learn, too!
So, Mom, you just go ahead and listen to those workshops...even though you don't really need to.

Love from two of your favorite challenges,
Tobin and Shav

;-)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your selection of workshops sound very interesting. I would definitely be interested in Order in the House. Hope you have a great time!

Sarah-Anne said...

here's to a great time, friend!! hope you learn a lot about those cute little challenges of yours... ;)

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Haha! They look the picture of innocence..... I don't believe they'll give you a minute's trouble... ahem !

Miriam said...

I'm getting full reports over here :) Sounds like good stuff!!

Anonymous said...

hehe love it!! Glad you got to go to some of those workshops!