Saturday, June 4, 2011

What Made Me Laugh at the Dinner Table

Kevin the Painter was eating dinner with us tonight; and in case you don't personally know Kevin the Painter, I'll just say that he can be...well...rather dramatic.  He was exclaiming about something or other and said emphatically, "God can strike me dead in this chair if I'm not telling you the truth!"

David was sitting next to him and, without missing a beat, immediately edged away from him and declared, "I'm getting away from you, and DO NOT TOUCH ME!"  We laughed and laughed.   :)

Oh, David, you're so funny.
 You bring such joy to our family!
And tonight you brought a nice big round of laughter to our dinner table.  Thanks for being you!  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL that is hilarious!! I too would have moved away ;-)

Unknown said...

With possible strikes of lightning possible I would move too.

harvspot said...

Congratulations on your new blog!
Just to let you know, Joanna's twins have arrived, our latest grandblessings!
She prefers not having their family pictures included with my blog posts, but I can send you an adorable one with John, age 6, holding his new brother and sister!
Blessings.

Margie said...

He'll always be your funny one. My brother David was, too - the one of the three of us who always had the "line," he continues to drop hilarious observations at perfect moments. I think he's the girls' favorite uncle!