Friday, June 3, 2011

The Things I Can't Count

I cannot count:
~ the number of wheels in our house ~
...if every single toy car, motorcycle, bus, tractor, truck, train, airplane, etc. were included in the count (not to mention real cars, bicycles, tricycles, scooters, and so forth), the number of wheels would be extremely high...
I cannot count:  
~ the number of hours each of our boys has spent playing with toy vehicles ~
 ...though it's rare to have all four of them occupied with these cars these days, each of the boys has, in turn, been enthralled with them at a certain stage of their development (particularly Josiah during his toddler years, who almost always carried a toy car in each hand when we left our apartment in Tel Aviv to go anywhere, and now Shav, who spends a big part of his wake time these days with his beloved cars)...
I cannot count: 
~ the story lines that spring from the boys' imaginations and accompany all this vehicular play ~
 ...the cars, guided by small hands and accompanied by appropriate sound effects, race each other, crash, line up, get inspected, go on long journeys, have conversations, etc...
 I cannot count:
~ the immense amount of joy these little cars have brought to my sons--and by extension, to me ~
I don't think they've invented a number yet that is big enough to describe that!  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your rag rug would make a perfect road. We have cars, but JDaniel really isn't into them. He loves big construction equipment. That can fill hours with fun.

Sarah-Anne said...

oh yes, the memories of flinging hot wheel cars at each other in a fit of rage, haha! no really, i love hot wheel cars and probably will die from happiness if my kids want to play with them... :)

bekahcubed said...

What fun!

I was thinking of counting wheels when I realized that, considering Shav's shirt, wheel counting might be a even more complex than originally thought.

Kimberly said...

what is it with boys and wheels??? although, i must confess to remembering spending hours at my grandparents' racing my uncle's matchbox cars around using their braided rug as a track...