Thursday, June 9, 2011

Recipe Box - Meat Muffins

While looking through my favorite cookbook (Mennonite Country-Style Recipes) recently, I spotted something that caught my eye.  Something quick.  Something easy.  Something that sounded delicious.  Something that Esther Shank, cookbook author and a lovely, kind lady whom my parents know in real life, called, "Surprise Hamburger Muffin Cups."

Over dinner, we decided that we would shorten the name to "Meat Muffins."  We also decided that I should make this again.  ;-)

Here's the recipe:

3/4 lb. hamburger (I used a pound, because our hamburger comes in a pound and what would I do with just a quarter pound of raw hamburger left over?)  :)
1/4 c. chopped onion (I used more but didn't measure, because I never measure onions.)
Saute in skillet.  Drain.

1/3 c. barbecue sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Add.

1 can refrigerator biscuits (10) (I used 2 cans of 8, because with 8 people eating around our dinner table, I wanted to have plenty.  Of course, you could make your own biscuits, but I went the shortcut route and bought good ol' biscuits in a can.)
Place each biscuit into a muffin cup and press over bottom and up sides forming a cup.  Spoon meat mixture into each.

3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Sprinkle over the tops.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.

Like I said...
Quick.
Easy.
Delicious.

Yum!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am going to be trying that on out for sure!! Sounds delicious!

Bonnie said...

I've made those before and they are good! You can use leftover sloppyjoes in the too!

Sarah-Anne said...

imma gonna try these. soon...ish. ;)