Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another Shallow Post

This blog has been getting the short end of the stick recently.  Even though I've been posting regularly, I have definitely been staying in shallow waters here:  keeping deeper thoughts to myself and not setting aside time to write them out.  Plus, in my free moments, rather than sitting at the computer to blog, I've been happily planning for next year's homeschooling.  My homeschool closet has never looked better, as I've sorted through stacks of materials, getting rid of a lot and organizing what remains.  When I'm surrounded by order, my brain can function so much better; and I've thoroughly enjoyed the surge of creativity that has come as I am finally able to actually see what books and supplies we have (imagine that!).  :)  But all of that takes time, of course; and school planning has certainly pulled time away from blogging.  So be it.

Meanwhile, our days flow past like a pleasant, gentle river--with a relaxed pace that suits me wonderfully.  When it's not scorching hot (like it has been this week), we spend much of our time outdoors.  Little boys wearing shorts...an expansive lawn lush with spring's grass...evening air that's beautifully cooler than the day's heat...this is the icing on the cake of life.  I give thanks for it.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is a dandy climbing tree! Replied to your comment over on my blog. :0>

Sarah-Anne said...

aw, sweet Tobin!!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Ahhh, blessings. The peace, the health to enjoy the outdoors, that honey of a boy with his adorable expression....