Friday, October 10, 2014

Every Time We Watch Home Videos on the Blog...

...I realize that I really should take and post more of them.  We enjoy them so much!  This morning, for example, I stumbled across this old post in which David, who was two years old at the time, prayed before bedtime; and as the kids and I watched it today, we just laughed and laughed and laughed.  To hear his little voice, to see his body language, to notice big brother Josiah interject (and be rejected!)...well, you can't get all of that from a photograph.  These video clips are priceless to me; because of that, I'm inspired to post a couple tonight.  :)

First, a few days ago, Moriah was cracking me up by the way she was hiding behind her daddy's bathrobe and jacket--such a childlike mistake, to assume that because one's face is covered, one's entire body is as well!  :)  By the time I got the camera, she had switched to playing peek-a-boo, and I enjoyed watching that, too.
Second, this afternoon, as the rain fell outside, the boys got out some dominoes and started lining them up in all kinds of neat configurations before knocking them down (including some multi-level arrangements involving the floor and some stools, which got pretty complicated and kept them busy for quite a while as they tried to figure out the engineering problems associated with their arrangements!).  Josiah's first design was fairly simple, and he asked me to video him knocking it down which I was happy to do.  I really should have taken a video of some of the later configurations; but by that point, my friend Jennifer and her two daughters were here to visit (a perfect diversion on a drizzly afternoon!), and I was focused on them and not thinking about the camera.  Maybe I'll ask Josiah and David to set up their complicated designs again sometime so I can video them--perhaps on the next rainy day!  :)
Or maybe on the next rainy day, we'll just sit around and watch old home videos.  ;-)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Keturah is sitting on my lap and she has made me watch the Moriah video at least 5 times already. We watched Josiah a few times too. :) Moriah is so cute. And Josiah? I was not prepared for his voice to be deeper. Our boys. They are growing up!