Sunday, October 19, 2014

Clutter, Be Gone! {Cross-stitched Bookmarks}

While going through some of my mom's sewing stuff recently (since her move to the nursing home, she won't be needing sewing things anymore--not that she had been able to use them for a long time before that), my dad unearthed these and gave them to me.
 They are counted cross-stitch bookmarks that my brother David and I made at some point during our childhood.  It looks like we finished all the stitching, but never accomplished making it into a bookmark.
When my kids saw them, they declared that no offense, but they liked Uncle David's better than mine.  :)  No offense taken.  :)
Since my initials are no longer DGH, I decided to take a picture, post it on my blog, then throw the bookmark away.  I emailed my brother about his, and he declared that he had plenty of bookmarks and I could toss his in the trash as well.  Done!

Clutter, be gone!  :)

2 comments:

Miriam said...

A very loud applause happening in my mind. :)

sally said...

I have to say, you are a hard act to follow! I am sure I would have cherished some moments of remembering working on these, and packed them in a box so in 5 years when I opened the box again, I could relive the memories once more. I hope this inspires me to be more "brutal" in my purging!