Thursday, October 2, 2014

Because I Love My Son (and Am Not Afraid of Spiders)...

...I didn't flinch when Tobin told me that he wanted to make a spider collection.  Even when he recruited me to be the one to trap them in jars after he found them, I didn't get nervous or refuse his request.  Spiders are no big deal.

BUT DON'T EVER ASK ME IF YOU CAN HAVE A PET SNAKE, MY DEAR BOY, AND DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT IT, AND DON'T ASK ME TO READ A BOOK TO YOU ABOUT SNAKES, IF THE BOOK HAS PICTURES, BECAUSE I MIGHT JUST DIE.  IS THAT CLEAR?

Well...now...where we were?  Ah, yes.  Spiders.  Lovely.  :)

After collecting some spiders a couple weeks ago, keeping them confined in jars until they were for-sure dead, then gluing them onto cardboard, Tobin eventually lost interest in his spider collection, as children are prone to do; and so it sat on the porch, taking up space and giving nothing in return.  So yesterday I gently asked Tobin if it would be OK if we got rid of the spider collection--AFTER taking pictures of it, of course--because we could always make a new collection in the future if he wanted to do that sometime.  With the reassurance of having pictures of his first spider collection, Tobin agreed, so I got out my camera and...


Tobin sure does love all of God's creatures.

And I sure do love my son.  :)

1 comment:

A said...

Nope, nope, nope. I have no idea how you did that. Even dead they still make me hyperventilate! :-)

Amanda